Most frequent questions and answers
- We have been the North American distributor of MiiCraft printers since 2014 and so we have a very good understanding of the printer.
- We are your key contact persons whether you need technical details, printing advice or general customer service questions and all enquiries are handled by us personally.
- As your digital partner, we will be with you every step of the way from when you first receive and unbox your MiiCraft printer to the first set of prints.
- We will also provide you with important tips that will allow you to create models that will take advantage of your MiiCraft printer by eliminating the need for supports and maximising the resolution of your printer and we can also provide valuable guidance in the area of casting and the variety of other materials that we are continually developing and experimenting with it.
- The MiiCraft 3D printer has been built to be a 3D printer from the ground up.
- All the parts and components have been specifically built and engineered for 3D printing.
- The light engine is the key feature of all resin based 3D printers, since this is the component that cures and builds the 3D printed model.
- The MiiCraft printer uses a LED DLP light engine specifically made for 3D printers, unlike other commercially available printers that use a standard home projector to serve as the light engine.
- The teflon vats, which houses the resin, is amongst the least expensive on the market.
- Each MiiCraft vat will cost US$125, in other available systems these vats can cost upward to US$500.
- Teflon vats last from 3 to 6 months, based on use and experience when handling the vat itself.
- During these 3 to 6 months, the vat itself does not need to be replaced. An experienced user may see a longer lifespan when using the vat.
- The MiiCraft printer does not need to be calibrated when you receive it. All of the calibration is done during manufacturing and is fixed in place before shipping.
- The MiiCraft printer does NOT come with any additional recurring costs related to the slicing software or maintenance.
- The strengths of a dedicated LED DLP light engine is only way to create an efficient, fine-tuned 3D printer at the exact 405 nm wavelength, which is the optimal wavelength needed to cure the vast majority of the 3D printer resins.
- An off the shelf home projector is turned into a 3D printer when the UV filter, which is located inside the unit, is removed in order to access this 405nm wavelength. By doing so, the home projector is now running at 90% of its full power output.
- This excess in power starts to decade the projector within months.
- In the case of the dedicated MiiCraft LED DLP projector, the power output needed to run the printer is only 20%, and this results in an excellent use of power without any degradation of power or the LED DLP projector.
- In comparison to the home projector, when the MiiCraft projector was tested at 90% output and the results show no degradation of power or effectiveness in over one year of daily use under normal conditions.
- The MiiCraft LED DLP printer has one of the lowest year to year cost of operation.
- With the delivery of your MiiCraft printer, you will have everything needed to start to print once you are setup.
- As you become more experienced you will need supplies from month to month.
- For MiiCraft printers that are purchased through Creative CADworks, you will have access to the lowest cost of supplies for the MiiCraft available.
- Your castable resin cost will be US$185 per half kg, which equates to anywhere between $0.75 to $1.50 for an average sized ring.
- The cost of a teflon vat will be US$125 per vat, the average lifespan of each vat ranges from 3 to 6 months depending on how diligent you are with the basic maintenance of resin. Other than these two items, you should not be needing any additional items.
- There is NO recurring software costs or a maintenance program. The printer is built to have the simplicity of plug and play technology.
- Simply put, No. Each and every MiiCraft is shipped from the factory fully calibrated for immediate use.
- As an additional service to our customers, we do an additional calibration before we send out each and every unit. It involves printing a calibration block before we ship out each printer.
- Packaging and shipping the printer and upon landing to our customer’s location, we immediately print the same calibration block to ensure that there was no damage done during shipping.
JOIN THE SUPPORT GROUP
Do you need a desktop/laptop?
Yes and no, you need the computer for the print profiles. However, if you have a stl nested with all your files, you can simply connect have the file on the usb and print it off there.
Do I need 3d printing experience?
No, we have videos available that will provide you step by step instructions every step of the way.
How long does something take to print on the Phrozen?
The print time is all dependent on tallest item on your build plate, the tallest the item, the longer the print.
What kind of resins can I use?
You can use LCD based compatible resins with the Phrozen. (Be sure to have their settings from the manufacturer)
Are there any forums?
What is included with the Phrozen 3D printer?
The printer comes packaged with a build plate, resin mixer, build plate scraper, resin vat lid, gloves, funnel, intranet cord and power cord.
What additional items do I need to have on hand before I first start to print?
You will need two items.
A curing unit so that your printed parts can be cured according to the resin manufacturers post printing instructions. You can purchase a low cost effective unit from Amazon. Please make sure that the curing unit has a minimum of 60 watts at 405 nm wavelength. Alternatively, we do carry a professional grade rapid curing unit, the CCW Cure Zone, which can be purchased here.
If you will be printing with the Resinworks EasyCast HD castable resin, you will need a bottle of glycerin and a glass bowl. Please follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure desired results.
Do i need to do anything to prepare the printer for my first print?
Before any printer is sent out, we conduct our own set of tests and calibrations to ensure the printer is in excellent working condition, with the aim to avoid any additional inconveniences once you start up your first print. Just follow this video link to follow step by step instructions to get started.
How long is the warranty and what does it cover?
The printer comes with a 1 year which covers all manufacturer defect, circuit board and software. The warranty does not cover the Teflon vat, LCD screen and build plate.
What is not covered as part of the warranty?
The Teflon vat, LCD screen and the build plate are not covered under the warranty. The reason being is that these three items are directly impacted by the day to day use of the printer and are ongoing consumables cost.
How long will my LCD screen last?
This is dependent on use but through our testing and using the ResinWorks3D resins for LCD printers, we have found that the average lifespan of an LCD screen to being anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
What file format can I print on the Phrozen shuffle?
The Phrozen 3D printer can print stl files. This format is available in all CAD software and can be found as an export file feature.