Professional 3D Printing Made Affordable
The MiiCraft is capable of building over 75 rings (size dependent) in one print session. The 3D Printer allows you to manufacture in-house, allowing you to Design, Print & Cast in a day.
The MiiCraft is optimized for universities and research institutions who have tight deadlines and require high quality parts.
Reliable for Dentists
The MiiCraft provides clinicians with the ability to reliably and accurately print dental (parts) in daily production. With the world’s Best Open Source Technology, the MiiCraft can take advantage of all available dental materials to 3D print partial dentures, surgical guides, crowns, bridges, veneers, working models and more.
Most frequent questions and answers
- We have been the North American distributor of MiiCraft printers since 2014 and so we have a very good understanding of the printer.
- We are your key contact persons whether you need technical details, printing advice or general customer service questions and all enquiries are handled by us personally.
- As your digital partner, we will be with you every step of the way from when you first receive and unbox your MiiCraft printer to the first set of prints.
- We will also provide you with important tips that will allow you to create models that will take advantage of your MiiCraft printer by eliminating the need for supports and maximising the resolution of your printer and we can also provide valuable guidance in the area of casting and the variety of other materials that we are continually developing and experimenting with it.
- The MiiCraft 3D printer has been built to be a 3D printer from the ground up.
- All the parts and components have been specifically built and engineered for 3D printing.
- The light engine is the key feature of all resin based 3D printers, since this is the component that cures and builds the 3D printed model.
- The MiiCraft printer uses a LED DLP light engine specifically made for 3D printers, unlike other commercially available printers that use a standard home projector to serve as the light engine.
- The teflon vats, which houses the resin, is amongst the least expensive on the market.
- Each MiiCraft vat will cost US$125, in other available systems these vats can cost upward to US$500.
- Teflon vats last from 3 to 6 months, based on use and experience when handling the vat itself.
- During these 3 to 6 months, the vat itself does not need to be replaced. An experienced user may see a longer lifespan when using the vat.
- The MiiCraft printer does not need to be calibrated when you receive it. All of the calibration is done during manufacturing and is fixed in place before shipping.
- The MiiCraft printer does NOT come with any additional recurring costs related to the slicing software or maintenance.
- The strengths of a dedicated LED DLP light engine is only way to create an efficient, fine-tuned 3D printer at the exact 405 nm wavelength, which is the optimal wavelength needed to cure the vast majority of the 3D printer resins.
- An off the shelf home projector is turned into a 3D printer when the UV filter, which is located inside the unit, is removed in order to access this 405nm wavelength. By doing so, the home projector is now running at 90% of its full power output.
- This excess in power starts to decade the projector within months.
- In the case of the dedicated MiiCraft LED DLP projector, the power output needed to run the printer is only 20%, and this results in an excellent use of power without any degradation of power or the LED DLP projector.
- In comparison to the home projector, when the MiiCraft projector was tested at 90% output and the results show no degradation of power or effectiveness in over one year of daily use under normal conditions.
- The MiiCraft LED DLP printer has one of the lowest year to year cost of operation.
- With the delivery of your MiiCraft printer, you will have everything needed to start to print once you are setup.
- As you become more experienced you will need supplies from month to month.
- For MiiCraft printers that are purchased through Creative CADworks, you will have access to the lowest cost of supplies for the MiiCraft available.
- Your castable resin cost will be US$185 per half kg, which equates to anywhere between $0.75 to $1.50 for an average sized ring.
- The cost of a teflon vat will be US$125 per vat, the average lifespan of each vat ranges from 3 to 6 months depending on how diligent you are with the basic maintenance of resin. Other than these two items, you should not be needing any additional items.
- There is NO recurring software costs or a maintenance program. The printer is built to have the simplicity of plug and play technology.
- Simply put, No. Each and every MiiCraft is shipped from the factory fully calibrated for immediate use.
- As an additional service to our customers, we do an additional calibration before we send out each and every unit. It involves printing a calibration block before we ship out each printer.
- Packaging and shipping the printer and upon landing to our customer’s location, we immediately print the same calibration block to ensure that there was no damage done during shipping.